Thursday, October 4, 2012

Our First True Love and one of our favorite projects!!  This wonderful 1930's solid wood vanity stool or bench. When I found this at an estate sale there were were layers of paint over the original wood. The most recent color was a cream color, and I saw traces of green underneath. With some prodding with my sandpaper, I convinced some of the layers of color to come shining through. When I achieved just the right amount of distressing, I finished it with a nice coat of wax for a nice finished look. I recovered the seat with a piece of vintage 193's/40's fabric that pulled out the green in the bench. The final product is just to die for! A true one of a kind masterpiece!! Anywhere you put this item, it is sure to be a conversation piece.

Height is 24"; Width is 15"; and the length is 242"
$100 - SOLD!



No comments:

Post a Comment